We are proud to announce that we have just moved to a new office location . Our new office address is Lanswoodpark Business Centre, Broomfield Road, Elmstead Market, Essex, CO7 7FD,
Our telephone number will remain the same as 01206 263390
Our new and larger office space allows us to add more functions in order to continue to value added service to all our customers.
Carbon Number’s are proud to be exhibiting at EMEX on the 19th and 20th November. Please feel free to visit us on stand G14 for a chat and a free cup of coffee!
In addition to our extensive range of efficient LED fittings, we have now added lighting control to ensure you get the most out of your lighting system. Using the technology DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) we have the ability to control time schedules, presence and daylight harvesting down to each individual fitting. For further details please contact us.
We are seeking a Senior Lighting Designer/Engineer, to work directly with the sales and commercial team, based from our Nayland, Colchester office.
You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. Manage your own projects with supervision from the Divisional Director be able to attend meetings representing Eco Lighting Systems at client and third party design team members offices.
Our projects typically include;
- The selection and specification of lighting products
- Lighting calculations and modelling
- The evaluation of lighting system performance against statutory and environmental design criteria, luminaire design, and lighting surveys
- Internal and external electric lighting designs
- Day-lighting design
- Daylight and sunlight surveys
- Lighting control systems
- Obtrusive light surveys
- A good understanding of LED technology
- A Lighting Degree or Diploma or as part of a degree in Engineering Architecture or Interior design (or equivalent)
- Attendance at Mid Career College courses could be shown to supplement the basic knowledge gained at the degree
- Previous experience in detailed daylight design is considered essential
- Evidence of completed and installed work on variety of lighting projects
- Able to describe the advantages that good lighting design brings to projects
- The ability to articulate your preferences in terms of design trends, techniques and styles
- Conversant with commercially available lighting, CAD, graphic design, photographic and desktop publishing software and be able to design lighting in both 2 and 3D environments
- Lighting Design Modelling is a key attribute and demonstrable experience of your computer skills
- Able to demonstrate high grade photographic rendering using computer software and no the limitations and advantages of rendering
- Collaborative and team working and good communication skills is essential for this position
- Aware of all appropriate design guidance and statutory lighting regulations. If you have no direct experience of a design sector, you should be able to know where to look to obtain guidance
- Experienced in working alone unsupervised and used to meeting design deadlines
Essential Software Knowledge
- Autocad (2D and 3D)
- 3D Studio Max
- Google Sketch up
- Radiance (Preferably command Line)
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Microsoft office
Salary: Competitive with good benefits
Location: Nayland, Colchester
If interested in joining our fast growing team, please send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of Carbon Numbers strategic plan to build full capability in energy management and control, a new trading entity Eco Lighting Systems has been created which will focus and specialise in the latest LED lighting technology and control systems.
Specialist consultancy Carbon Numbers has named Andy Davis as divisional director for its expanding metering and lighting divisions. The appointment is part of Carbon Numbers plan to build full capability in energy management and control.
Demand for measurement, verification and data collection services is growing as the level of understanding and sophistication around energy management rises, says Carbon Numbers MD Neil Fright.
As part of its portfolio of services Carbon Numbers designs and provides financing for lighting schemes, specifically LED schemes, that offer clients 65% reduction on their light usage and a six figure return from maintenance savings.
Formerly Operations Director for The Energy Solutions Group, Andy brings a depth of knowledge and experience that will support the organisation in growing its offerings and services. “Andy’s knowledge and focus will ensure we continue to provide exceptional service to our customers and that our products and services remain market leading,” said Neil.
Commenting on his appointment, Andy Davis said: “I’m delighted to have joined the Carbon Numbers group and look forward to supporting our clients in realising the value from our services.”